First and foremost, coaching is not therapy. While therapy helps to make sense of things that have happened in the past, heal trauma, resolve issues, and work through recurring pain; coaching focuses on identifying a desired outcome, building clarity, and working towards it.
- Future-focused: Coaching focuses on the present and future. It is goal-oriented, centered around building the best possible life for the client (aka you!).
- Co-equal partnership: Coaching is an equal partnership between coach and client. The coach does not provide the answers but helps to pull them from the client. Every individual already has the answers they need within themselves, but we often need help drawing them out or identifying roadblocks.
- Client-directed: Every individual is the expert in their own life. Coaching helps them connect with themself and the innate wisdom they possess. Through self-exploration, self-knowledge, and self-direction the client will move forward, identifying what it is they truly want and creating it.
- Action-oriented: Achieving one’s goals requires clear, consistent action. The coach holds the client accountable in accomplishing their goals.
What To Expect
- Sessions will take place via phone or Zoom
- You will come away from each session with actionable steps and exercises to work on before our next session
- I will be available to support you through email and text between sessions
Every individual already holds the answers they seek. It can be hard to distinguish our inner wisdom from the outside voices and pressures that influence us. Coaching creates a space for you to get in touch with your true thoughts and feelings. In asking questions, I will help you explore these even further. If this sounds like a good fit, set up a clarity call, and let’s talk.